Coin Shooting dfxonly.com
Visit Us on Facebook - DFXonly

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pee Wee Silver Mine

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    dfxonly.com Forum Index -> Pee Wee 2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schrecky

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Pee Wee Silver Mine Reply with quote

There was a lot of stuff but this was the silver I found a Pee Wee. I'd like to know how much silver was mined all together.

I found the half down the old road past the cellar hole. A big tree had fallen across the road and there was about a 2 or 3 feet of space from the bottom of the tree trunk to the old road surface. (Scouts most likley climbed over or under the tree when traveling the road). Laying on the road under the tree was a good sized flat rock and the half was under the edge of the rock. I had to did around the rock in order to move it. Oh, and I hate to say it but someone else had dug there before me.

Last edited by Schrecky on Mon May 01, 2006 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
angellionel

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific finds, Schrecky! That half must have made your day. Smile

Angel
magic

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That silver looks sweet!
Nice going Schrecky!
It was great meeting you!
dfxonly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: I Reply with quote

I think Schrecky was doing something magical in the woods -- he'd wander off by himself and come back with silver. The first day he found the three dimes and the second it was the big half. I think next year I'll hang back a bit and watch him -- find out how he's working his mojo in the woods.

HH
Steve
Mirage

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, Sweet silver! Cool You didn't tell everyone about the monster rock that half dollar was under. And all the roots you had to dig through to get to those 8" deep dimes! Wink Laughing Seriously, the half was under a large rock, correct?

Mirage
Mirage

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: I Reply with quote

dfxonly wrote:
I think Schrecky was doing something magical in the woods -- he'd wander off by himself and come back with silver. The first day he found the three dimes and the second it was the big half. I think next year I'll hang back a bit and watch him -- find out how he's working his mojo in the woods.

HH
Steve

He was out in front blazing the trail with that 1400DD coil. Nothing on the trail stood a chance! Next year you have to trip him or something. Razz

Mirage
jaless

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schrecky,

Nice finds guy, Hope to see you again next year. Need to find out what kind of magic you were using.
Schrecky

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the 1400DD because it gets good depth, works well in mineralization and doesn't require the tight overlap of the stock coil so I think I cover more area on each sweep without missing much. However, after two days swinging it in brush, using it on steep hills, carrying it while climbing steep hills on my hands and knees, and jumping over creeks carrying it, it does get pretty heavy. I did think about going back to the van to get the Shooter to use in the thick bursh by the cellar hole but decided I didn't want to climb another hill right then. You get the 1400 swinging and you can mow down a lot of light brush. I thought about attaching razor blades to the side so I could weed wack at the same time but I don't think it would help my VDI readings.
Hoser

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great hunting with you Schrecky. The half really did make a sweet sound in the phones didn't it. I agree with Steve. I'm gonna just hang back and watch you next time. Very Happy Good going my friend.
Schrecky

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfxonly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Schrecky Reply with quote

Schrecky -- I have to apologize. All the pics I took of you and Bill with your silver halves came out with a nasty glare on the coin. That's the problem of shooting pics in broad day light like that.

Of course, with the huge bright coin like that, it's obviously a cool find!

HH
Steve
phurst

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have all recreated Steve's avatar with our silver and our DFX ovals Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DEEJAY

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG great finds, i hope some day i find silver like that, just fantastic congrats!
JerDfx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did well Shrecky. Those halfs are exciting to find. That one is in really nice shape to.

HH,

Jer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    dfxonly.com Forum Index -> Pee Wee 2006 All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum