Coin Shooting dfxonly.com
Visit Us on Facebook - DFXonly

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TUSCAZOAR TREASURES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dfxonly.com Forum Index -> Camp Tuscazoar 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFXplorer

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: TUSCAZOAR TREASURES Reply with quote

TOTAL TUSCAZOAR WEEKEND FINDS FOR OLDER COINS/STUFF WAS:
UNFORTUNATELY NO SILVER BUT-

2 - BUFFALOES - ONE DATELESS - ONE 1937
1 - V-NICKLE - 1911
2 - I.H. - ONE 1880 - ONE 1901
1 - WHEAT - 1953

1 - 1950 ( 40TH ANNIVERSARY) "STRENGHTHENING THE ARM OF
LIBERTY" BOY SCOUT NECKERCHIEF SLIDE
1 - "CASE" 10" JACK KNIFE
1 - DOUBLE BIT AXE HEAD
1 - OLD STOPPER TOP BOTTLE
1 - COW BELL WITH CLACKER
1 - OX SHOE OR SMALL PONY SHOE
1 - OLD RR SPIKE

[img]

AND A BUNCH OF CLAD, BLANK '06 RIFLE ROUNDS, HARDWARE, SPOONS
BITS OF CUT COPPER PIECES.

I WANTED TO THANK STEVE AND ALL THE GUYS WHO PUT THE HUNT TOGETHER! HAD A GOOD TIME & MET A LOT OF GREAT PEOPLE TOO!
(SHRECKY, HARRY, RED, TOM WEAVER & ROSS. DIRTFINDER & CO., ZOSO, FRANK CENT FLA. THE NICE COUPLE FROM MARYLAND, BEEFCAKE, & MARY, JUST TO NAME A FEW.)

THE PIG ROAST WAS REALLY GREAT TOO!

HEY HARRY(PA),

I JUST WANTED TO DROP BOTH YOU AND RED A HEARTY THANK YOU FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP DURING OUR RECENT TUSCAZOAR OUTING!
RICK AND I APPRECIATED YOUR HOSPITALITY AND HELP DURING THE WEEKEND. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ASK YOU TO PASS ON TO RED, WHO ASKED TO LET HIM KNOW, IF WE FOUND ANTHING GOOD AT YOUR SPOT! YOU GUYS HAVE TO TELL US HOW YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT IT?

WE WENT AND FOUND IT ON SUNDAY MORNING . WE HAD TO GO BACK TO LOOK AND SEARCH OR WE WOULD HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED.

IT DOESN'T EQUAL TO YOUR GUYS FINDS BUT,WELL, WE DID MANAGE TO FIND AN 1880 INDIAN IN EX. FINE WEAR CONDITION AND A c.1840 TO 1850 SCOVIL & CO. WATERBURY FANCY COAT BUTTON WITH LOOP. YES!

WE ALSO FOUND SOME SPENT BULLETS AND OLD SHOTGUN SHELL BASES. YOU GUYS DID CLEAN THE SIGHT OUT PRETTY GOOD!

Last edited by DFXplorer on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:43 am; edited 2 times in total
kas

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember looking at those up in the parking lot with you guys. Loved the bell and mini horse shoe. And those other coins were nice, too. Did they clean up all right for you.

Ken
stringfrenzy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without silver it still sounds like you did pretty good to me. Lots of interesting finds and I can't wait to see the pictures that will follow. They all sound like very nice finds...congrats.
zoso

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you did just fine!!!

Very!! Nice assortment of coins and relics.

Looks like you found an old area of the camp with the Buff's and IH's..

I dug a monster sized Horseshoe right near Pioneer Point. Hauled it around the rest of the morning.

I can't wait till the next hunt!

HH
ZoSo
stringfrenzy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have missed that monster sized horseshoe going around. I was probably out somewhere at that point. Sounds like it was an interesting find to say the least.
ernie46

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That horse shoe was probably from one of the teams of horses used to pull the logging wagons. They used those monster Belgian horses that I see around here at the horse and plow pull competitions.
Harry(PA)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: HOW WE FOUND OUT ABOUT IT? Reply with quote

Thank you and we enjoyed your company and friendship also.

Let me say that the site we found was not exactly nice to me but Red did excellent. Even so I did get some Indians and a had a good time.

How did we find it??

Red and I looked over the map and decided that we would go the furtherist away from the group.

W figured that everyone would head around the main sight because that looked more active. We also figured most would head down to the Dover Dam area.

With that info and thought we headed away from the main body of hunters and actually thought we had made a big mistake until Red found a large cent. than the good stuff seemed to pop up.

We stayed there all day Friday and Saturday. We did not see anyone Friday and a few showed up on Saturday after hearing about it.

My, MY!! That pig roast was excellent and the side dishes they made up were a sure welcome to the restaurant chow we were doing.

I will be sure to forward this to Red and tell him to post.

Thanks for the kind words.

Harry (PA)
stringfrenzy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on the pics. Thanks for the update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dfxonly.com Forum Index -> Camp Tuscazoar 2008 All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: