Coin Shooting dfxonly.com
Visit Us on Facebook - DFXonly

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dfx settings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevinstrahan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Dfx settings? Reply with quote

I want to run all metal because I hunt civil war camps and battle fields so what setting makes the dfx all metal mode? Is it visual disc or audio disc?
Goose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, just set your DFX in the "Relic" program...you'll do alright. If you have hot rocks in your area, you'll be O K. If you don't, I suggest that you lower your hot rock setting down from 15 to 5 or less. I have no hot rocks in Minn. so I run with a '0' H R setting. I also suggest that you activate the icon display (it's off in the Relic program) so you can see what might be under your coil. If you're running smoothly, up your pre amp gain to 3.
BamaDave1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Target Volume: 52
Audio Threshold: 10
Tone: 210 user pref
Audio Discrimination: Audio Off- you want to hear every sound
Silent Search: SS Off
Mixed Mode: MM On
AC_Sensitivity: 70 - 80
DC_Sensitivity: 50 - 55
Backlite: off
Ratchet PinPoint: RPP off
SAT_Speed: 3 - increase for Trash/Hot ground (higher may help w/ falsing)
ToneID: TID Off
VCO: VCO Off I hotkey this to aid PP so I dont kiss anything w/ shovel
Modulation: MOD off

Important !!!!! See pg 95 Jeff's book
AutoTrac: OFF - GB / then go AM to make sure no metal in area of GB , then confirm and make sure you get a slight rise in threshhold volume as u lower it to grd. every once in a while re balance-
The MXT has a GB lock feature - turning AT off on DFX is same thing prevents you from tracking to iron trash in relic sites- It has improved results dramatically!!!!!

Trac View: TV Off
AutoTrac Speed: 12
AutoTrac Offset: +1... (makes DFX more sensitive to small items-3cent/pcaps) - I have tried -1 offset in one area w/ lots of HR signals that were bogus and pulled some deeper stuff- also make sure you dig all HR signals you can PP they are usually deep bullets-if a HR is mushy its prob junk but if HR has solid PP its usually a bullet- 8" or more
Track Inhibit: TI On
Coarse GEB: Auto
Fine GEB: Auto
Discrimination Edit: Reject -1 to -95
Block Edit: Accept 0 to +95 B/c 2 tone prog all conductive targets have hi tone/ lo tone is iron
Learn Accept: LA Off
Learn Reject: LR Off
Recovery Speed: 20 might slow down to 15-17
Bottlecap Reject: 1 dig everything
Hot Rock Reject: 5-
Sweep Speed: 1 Jeff refers to it as Grd filter boost -makes filtering more aggressive
Ground Filtering: 3 - best thing to do is find a deep target/HR signal then up your SS/grd filtering 8-12 /6 to to see if tone/ signagraph response improves- if not leave settings at SS1/GF 3

Visual Discrimination: VD Off u want to see everything- in MM a target too deep for disc (motion mode) will likely show up as a weak iron signal (low bar on left+ weak audio- dig these see if signal improves to +vdi side)

ICONS: Icons Off
VDI_Sensitivity: 80 you can up this to 90 if you want a little more disc depth but may cause unstable display/ cost VDI accuracy
DC Phase: DC On

Graph Averaging: GA off
Graph Accumlate: GRAC Off
FadeRate: 11
PreAmpGain: 4 (3) if too much interference
VDI_Normalized: VDI On

FREQ: either 15K (most of time) or Correlate- if iron/+95 signals drive you nuts due to iron in grd- most CW have lots of it try correlate it will quiet things down alot but you will lose some depth
Fifteen_kHz: 15 On

Comments:

This is Mixed Mode's Dual Tone method: all Rejected metals bog with a low tone and all Accepted good metals ping with a Sweet Unique high tone. Though very busy in trash, it can used to "cherry pic" at greater depths, and of course make your usual adjustments for trash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dfxonly.com Forum Index -> Relics! All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: