Coin Shooting dfxonly.com
Visit Us on Facebook - DFXonly

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunray DX1 on V3 question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulv

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Sunray DX1 on V3 question Reply with quote

Been using a Garrett pro pointer for the last couple of years. Always wanted to buy a DX1 and finally did it.

Only used it for a short hunt this week and didnt realize I had to have motion with the probe to make it work like the coil on the V3. Because of the motion, I found it to be less accurate than the pro pointer.

Is there a way to use the the DX1 without motion? That seemed to be the only drawback I could find.
tr snyper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you flip the DX-1's switch do you hit the pinpoint trigger? If not try that. Turn DC Phase on also. You want to monitor those numbers in the upper right corner.
MI Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, TR is right. Once you flip the Sunray switch over to the DX1, then you can choose. You can use it like a mini coil in motion mode. But 95% of the time I hold the DFX trigger (on your detector) and use it in non motion mode as an awesome pinpointer. It picks up coin sized targets about 1.5" away so there is much less time recovering targets. If you have VCO on, then the closer to the target you get, the louder the response (just like pinpointing with a regular coil). Most of my other pinpointers had to be within a half inch (some times closer) to a target before they would sound off.
Paulv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TR and MI Thanks a million. I had no idea you had to hold the trigger on the V3 to be able to use the probe without motion. I thought something had to be wrong, but I couldn't figure it out. I am surprised there was nothing in the instructions I received when I bought it.

Went out and used it last night and it worked just the way I had hoped. Thanks again for the help!!!!!
DFXDonald

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lock the V3 in pinpoint mode then use the DX1 as a small coil in non motion mode

Paulv wrote:
TR and MI Thanks a million. I had no idea you had to hold the trigger on the V3 to be able to use the probe without motion. I thought something had to be wrong, but I couldn't figure it out. I am surprised there was nothing in the instructions I received when I bought it.

Went out and used it last night and it worked just the way I had hoped. Thanks again for the help!!!!!
sgt tee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need to hold the trigger, just push it forward and it will stay in all metal mode, non motion, at least this is the way DFX and XLT work. I also found my Garrett pin pointer will detect deeper then the probe. I have them mounted on y XLT and DFX, but I am grabbing my Garrett most of the time now. That sucker finds a target at 3ins
PlunkTwang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For DFX, lock the trigger forward.
For V3, squeeze and hold the trigger--which is not much of a problem to do.

I wasn't getting much useful info trying to lock the trigger forward on the V3. Squeezing got me the DX-1 performance I'd been used to when it was on my DFX.
DFXDonald

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlunkTwang wrote:
For DFX, lock the trigger forward.
For V3, squeeze and hold the trigger--which is not much of a problem to do.

I wasn't getting much useful info trying to lock the trigger forward on the V3. Squeezing got me the DX-1 performance I'd been used to when it was on my DFX.

They fixed that on the VX3 it locks in pinpoint trigger forward and the DX1 works great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dfxonly.com Forum Index -> Pinpointers All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: