Coin Shooting dfxonly.com
Visit Us on Facebook - DFXonly

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need programming advice for Super 12 coil on DFX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Need programming advice for Super 12 coil on DFX Reply with quote

Just picked up a brand new Super 12 Coil at a great price. Want to use it on the beach and in open, non-trashy areas. I put it on at the beach, but had a terrible time getting the DFX to stabilize. PAG is set at 2, and had to turn down the sensitivity to about 35 to quiet it down. But when I air tested it I am getting just a few inches with the coil. I am not an expert on the DFX, but am not sure how to best set the machine to maximize the use of this coil. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks to all.
dfxonly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Facebook Reply with quote

Are you on Facebook? Most of us have moved over there and I'm sure that Kenny (he's a White's dealer) can answer your question for you. I don't use that coil so I can't help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/103615786646586/

Steve
Elbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook Reply with quote

dfxonly wrote:
Are you on Facebook? Most of us have moved over there and I'm sure that Kenny (he's a White's dealer) can answer your question for you. I don't use that coil so I can't help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/103615786646586/

Steve

Thx for the advice. Have requested to join the FB page
airscapes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a bad coil. Those were one of the worst coils whites made.. read many stories like this.. I actually own one that came with a used DFX and it is bad, looks new but won't ground balance and makes constant false signals.. no matter how low you go.
Return the coil and just use the stock 950 on the beach, it slides right over the sand unlike any of the open coil types.. I prefers the 950 over the Ultimate 13 the few times I have been to the beach.
Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dfxonly.com Forum Index -> Ask Jimmy Sierra All times are GMT - 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: